Module 1 – General features of public procurement in Japan
Tuesday 13/12/2022 10:00 – 11:00 CET
- Types of public procurement procedures used in Japan
- Internationally (WTO/EPA) regulated tendering vs. local procurement
- Finding tender information
- The tender notice explained
- Challenges for foreign suppliers
Project Manager at JTPP Helpdesk and resident expert on Japanese government procurement at the EU-Japan Center for Industrial Cooperation. Mr. Griek has worked in and with Japan in business and academia for 30 years. Since 2011, he works as a freelance consultant/analyst for public and private organizations. In this capacity, he has been involved in providing support related to the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) in relation to government procurement.